Ginger Colada Green Smoothie
Allow me to introduce my favorite green smoothie. As in, ever.
Yes, I may have had favorites before, and there may be new favorites in the future, but for the past 3+ years, this has been my go-to.
If you love gingery, citrusy, coconut-infused beverages, this is the one for you.
This recipe is a special one I’m sharing from our Everyday Cooking Cookbook! SO many of you have bought the book and we hope you’re loving it! Thanks for the support.
Because I love this smoothie so much, it felt wrong keeping it from you so I thought it was about time I shared it on the blog.
This recipe is simple, requiring 5 minutes, 1 blender, and 9 ingredients (that I now have on hand at all times – it’s serious).
I used to prefer my green smoothies on the sweeter side, but this one has me craving all the ginger and lime juice. It’s the the perfect balance of tart and sweet, healthy thanks to tons of greens, fruit, and coconut milk, and is a flavor combination I’ll never tire of.
I hope you all LOVE this smoothie! It’s:
Loaded with greens
This is our go-to smoothie in the morning if I’m not making a smoothie bowl. It’s perfect as is, but can also be adapted to include vegan protein powder (although I still haven’t found one I like that doesn’t upset my stomach – oy).
If you try this smoothie, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker or #minimalistbakercookbook on Instagram. We’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers, friends!
Ginger Colada Green Smoothie
A creamy green smoothie infused with pineapple, banana, coconut milk, ginger, lime and greens! Healthy, refreshing, perfectly tart-sweet.
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Breakfast
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger (~1 small knob, skin removed)
- 1/2 lemon or lime, juiced (1 Tbsp | 15 ml)
- 1/3 cup (78 ml) light coconut milk (from the can, or sub from the carton)
- 1.5 cups (210 g) chopped frozen pineapple (as ripe as possible!)
- 1 small ripe frozen banana, previously peeled, sliced and frozen
- 1 large handful spinach* (organic when possible)
- 1 small handful kale* (organic when possible)
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) unsweetened plain almond milk
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) filtered water (start with 3/4 cup, and add more to thin)
- optional: 1 Tbsp (7 g) flaxseed meal
- optional: 1 Tbsp (10 g) raw hulled hemp seeds
- optional: 1 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup or agave nectar (depending on sweetness of banana/pineapple)
- Add all ingredients to blender in the order listed, and blend thoroughly on high speed until completely smooth. If it isn’t quite blending, add a bit more water or almond milk.
- Let blend for a good 1-2 minutes on high so everything gets very well blended together, especially the ginger.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding a bit more frozen banana or sweetener of choice for added sweetness, lime juice for acidity, or coconut milk for creaminess.
- Serve immediately. Store leftovers in refrigerator for up to 24 hours, though best when fresh.
*Recipe from Minimalist Baker’s Everyday Cooking Cookbook.
Serving size: 1 smoothie Calories: 272 Fat: 14 g Saturated fat: 8.9 g Carbohydrates: 35.7 g Sugar: 19.2 g Sodium: 91 mg Fiber: 6.2 g Protein: 5.6 g